MISSION AND VISION
Because of a strong commitment to God’s Word as the final authority for the church, FBC has clear biblical priorities and values that provide direction and focus for everything we do.
Faith Bible Church is a loving community making disciples of Jesus Christ.
For the glory of God, Faith Bible Church exists to make disciples of Jesus Christ who worship whole heartedly, who labor to help others grow spiritually, who speak the Gospel in every sphere of life, who partner in Gospel ministry around the world, and who serve in and outside the church.
Our prayer is that FBC will live under the loving rule of Christ, being Bible-saturated worshippers. In loving relationships we will speak the Gospel to all matters of life. We will sacrificially serve in all the places we live. Our ministries will make disciple-makers and raise the next generation to lead churches in God’s worldwide mission.
Because of a strong commitment to follow biblical principles and priorities, FBC has a number of clear distinctives that result in global and local impact:
- Expositional Preaching – A consistent commitment to expository preaching provides a foundation for all that happens at FBC. The congregation has a deep hunger for the Word of God, greatly desiring to understand and apply biblical truth.
- God-Centered Worship – Leading believers in a God-centered worship experience is a weekly priority at FBC. With an emphasis on involvement and participation, the Lord is lifted up through blended styles of music
- Growth Groups – Weekly home gatherings are the primary infrastructure for spiritual care at FBC. Approximately sixty of these weekly groups gather weekly throughout the Spokane region for applied Bible Study, sharing and fellowship.
- Heart for the Lost – Strategically located in the center of Spokane, FBC has consistently focused on reaching out to the lost. Through outreach into the surrounding neighborhood and by church members evangelizing their sphere of influence, lost people continue to come to Christ.
- Family Focus – Being a church with many young families, FBC places a strong emphasis on equipping parents to raise godly children. The Bible-centered curriculum teaches children from the whole bible.
- Student Ministries – With over 37% of Spokane’s population under the age of 25, student ministries are a high priority at FBC. These ministries seek to effectively reach out to lost young people while at the same time maturing and discipling students who are believers.
- Team Leadership – FBC has a strong leadership team that carries the ministry responsibilities of the church. The elders provide directional oversight as well as shepherding care, with each elder having a “portion of the flock.” The pastoral staff team is highly motivated. They set the vision and implement specific ministry directions.
- Global Impact – Much of FBC’s impact is spread across the globe through a family of faithful missionaries and a variety of other strategic opportunities. FBC is also directly involved with several international church planting opportunities and facilitates a number of one-year Bible Institutes in Russia.
- Equipping – Equipping the saints for the work of the ministry is a high priority at FBC. Faith Bible Church offers classes and seminars at all levels. FBC desires to equip qualified men to be vocational ministers (pastors or missionaries).
- Strategic Location – God has blessed FBC with a strategic location in the center of Spokane. The contemporary, multi-use facility is well suited to ministry needs.
- We value God’s Word, the Bible, as authoritative and sufficient for the ministry of the church and for all matters of daily living. God’s Word provides the blueprint for all aspects of the ministries within Faith Bible Church. The understanding of God’s Word occurs through public teaching by gifted Bible expositors, interactive teaching in small groups, individual discipleship, and personal Bible study. Obedience to God’s Word is the solution to overcoming sin and living a victorious life in Christ.
- We value all believers at Faith Bible Church speaking the gospel to non-Christians as an ongoing way of life. We promote, train, and encourage daily personal evangelism. Throughout the various ministries of Faith Bible Church we provide opportunities to bring unbelievers into contact with the believers of FBC. We pray for the non-Christians of our city, and our world.
- We value a team of biblically qualified elders carrying out the leadership of Faith Bible Church who are accountable to Christ. The elders are dependent on the leading of the Holy Spirit through prayer and in-depth study of the Bible. The elders function as “fathers” within the household of God rather than corporate leaders of an organization. Each elder is responsible to pastor a portion of the church. This pastoral care includes teaching God’s Word, caring for the church, protecting it from error, being stewards of what God has provided, and holding all believers accountable to fulfill their biblical roles. Decisions they make for the church must be unanimous to safeguard that they are in the will of God.
- We value husbands, wives, and children fulfilling their biblical roles in the family and in the church. Faith Bible Church supports parents in the spiritual training of their children. We are committed to providing training and resources to equip believers so that they may fulfill their biblical roles. We expect families to be involved in and contributing to the ministries of the church
- We value the regular gathering of small groups focused on God’s Word, which results in changed lives. Small groups are an essential part of the life of the church. The spiritual care of the church is expanded past elders through qualified and trained growth group leaders. The fellowship within these small groups encourages life change through studying and applying God’s Word, praying and caring for one another, and holding each other accountable for spiritual growth. These caring communities become ideal settings to bring non-Christians to experience first-hand the dynamic work of God in people’s lives.
- We value training people in order to develop biblical knowledge, character, and actions that imitate Christ. Training, in the context of ministry, is provided for children, youth, and adults. Systematic and unified Bible study, with the goal of teaching the whole Bible concurrently to all ages, is an essential part of this training process. As people demonstrate biblical maturity in Christ, we seek to further develop their ability to exercise leadership within the church.
- We value every believer faithfully serving in the body of Christ. Every believer is spiritually gifted and is called to exercise that giftedness for the building up of the church body.
- We value personal and corporate worship of God which engages both the mind and the heart. We worship God when we magnify Him in our praise and manifest Him in our actions. This includes knowing, loving, enjoying, and obeying God in everything we do.
- We value personal involvement in the establishment of Christ’s church throughout the world through outreach to those who do not know Him. We are called to proclaim the Gospel to those who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We support and shepherd those who have been sent out by our church body for the accomplishment of this task around the world.
- We value equipping men for full-time vocational ministry in the context of the local church. We seek to identify and mentor “equippers” (Eph. 4:11-12; 1 Timothy 5:17) in the context of church ministry so that they can be developed and sent out to proclaim the Gospel to the lost and equip God’s people.
At Faith Bible Church we respect that people hold a variety of doctrinal positions. With the assumption and aim that we are all continually submitting ourselves to Scripture, we will over time come to more and more doctrinal unity. However, there are some fundamental truths which a person must affirm if they desire to consistently fellowship and minister within our Body.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling every Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and the authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that all men are lost sinners and must turn to Christ in saving faith and repentance through regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life with Christ, and the lost to eternal punishment in hell.