Online Giving Update
Thank you for giving generously through Church Center toward the ministries and global partners of Faith Bible Church! God has graciously given Faith a family of cheerful givers to further His work and to provide the practical needs of our missionaries, pastors, staff, and facilities.
We all value the convenience and easy record-keeping of giving via Church Center. If you have recently visited our online giving webpage or used the Give tab in the Church Center app, you may have noticed that there is now an option to cover the fees on your gift. That’s because online payment processors charge a flat base fee plus a percentage of each gift via credit card or debit card. About $400 a week from giving at Faith goes toward these processing fees – which would add up to over $21,000 this year.
We wanted to make sure you are aware of these fees and of the following giving options available in Church Center.
- To reduce fees, you may change your credit/debit card giving to a secure bank transfer. This is a win-win option: Bank transfers incur a 25-cent fee for each gift instead of a percentage. To set it up, click on your Church Center profile in the upper right corner, go to My Giving, then to Payment Methods, then click on “Add bank account.” Once you’ve gone through a one-time setup process, that account will appear in your payment methods for single or recurring gifts in Church Center. Note: This method uses your bank account number, not a debit card number. Debit cards incur the same fees as credit cards.
- If you prefer to use a credit/debit card, you may check the box in Church Center to cover the fees on your single or recurring gift.
While there will still be fees, with one click you can increase your gift to pay them such that your entire original gift amount would go toward ministry costs. For instance, your gift of $200 would be increased to $204.70 to put all $200 toward your designated fund. Your tax receipt would reflect the higher amount, or $204.70 in this example.
We only want to keep you informed of your options and their impact; there is no pressure to change how you give, nor any less gratitude for your sacrificial generosity. And if you don’t use online giving, don’t worry: Your checks and cash are as appreciated as ever.
We are so grateful for your faithfulness to support the spread of the Gospel in Spokane and around the world. May the Lord provide all your needs according to His riches in glory!
If you already have a recurring donation set up in Church Center, these or any other changes must be made by deleting the current recurring donation and creating a new one. Here are instructions on how to do that:
- Go to your Church Center profile by clicking on the profile icon in the top right corner, then My Giving, then Recurring Donations.
- Click on the giving schedule (or the pencil-shaped edit icon on desktop web browser) to open the recurring gift, then click “delete.”
- Then go to the Give tab at the bottom and create a new recurring donation using the “Frequency” dropdown menu.
- Under “Payment Method,” select your bank account or check the “cover the fee” box.