Back To Resources
The Lord Has Done It!
Big Idea: God saves His King and by extension His people
1. The King is Abandoned by His God v.1-2
- The Kings Certainty in God’s Saving power is Contrasted with His Circumstance (Ps. 20 and 21; 22:3-5, 9,10.)
- He Knows that God is worthy to be trusted—He has saved Israel in the past
- He knows that God is the one who has caused him to trust—God cannot deny himself
- The King is Surrounded by His Enemies 22:6-8,12-18.
- Physically Tortured
- Publicly Shamed and Mocked
- Put there By God—but in God He still trusts v.19-21
2. The King is Suddenly and Unexpectedly Delivered v. 21 and Ps.23
- He has answered me v. 21
- Ps. 23 He has restored my soul = life
- Ps. 23 He has walked through Death with me
3. The King is Exalted in the Midst of His People v. 22-31
- The King is Surrounded now by a rejoicing congregation v. 22-26
- The offspring of Israel—those who fear the LORD
- Praising God, Glorifying God, Standing at Awe for the King’s Salvation
- The Afflicted have Reason to Hope—As it goes for the King so it goes with His people
- The King (Jesus) Surrounded by a people from All Nations v. 27-31
- The Deliverance of the King will bring a people from all nations
- The People (offspring) of God will Praise, Worship, and Proclaim in Response to the King’s Salvation
- The LORD has Done It! – Our Certainty is in the King’s Salvation!